Monday, June 6, 2011

X-Men: First Class


So yesterday after work I got an unexpected text from thenitefalls to go see the new movie, 'X-Men: First Class'. We had about 20 minutes to get to the theatre before it started and we decided to go. After parking the car and playing the parking lot game running towards the theatre, we get our tickets and went inside.

We got there late and missed only a small fragment of the film(5 minutes) which nothing really important happened.

Anyway, I totally recommend this film. It has it's flaws but after reading why the director made some changes to characters, it was worth it. The changes are minor really. Instead of Cyclops(Scott Summers), we have Havok(Alex Summers), his brother.

In the comics, Cyclops is older than Havok, but in the film, Havok is older instead but it's not that much of a big deal unless you are a hardcore Uncanny X-Men Extreme Nerd...(see what I did there?)


Unforgivable

Anyway, setting that aside, this has to be one of the best Marvel movies made so far and definitely the best X-Men movie too! I am really looking forward to seeing it's sequels as they had announced this being a whole new trilogy. I really like the direction they've taken this film with and it was definitely worth watching.

Also, that red guy that looks like a devil on the top photo next to beast is Azazel. He eventually bangs Mystique, the blue lady and out comes Night Crawler, hopefully they keep this idea for its sequels.



So yeah, I haven't spoiled anything from the film for you guys and girls but you have my word to go on and watch it!

26 comments:

  1. I always root for the "special children." Can't wait to see this flick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the best films of 2011! Just came back from my daily jog, I'm gonna cool off with some Gatorade.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes X MEN!
    keep it up, nice blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gasp. A whole new trilogy? I didn't see THAT coming from about two light years away at all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. O great more x-man, i hope your right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i hate being late to movies, i live for the trailers. glad you enjoyed it!

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am thinking about seeing this now. Thanks :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Going to see this sometime in the future

    ReplyDelete
  9. If we get some Mystique/Azazel action, I might check out the next one. I am really tired of X-Men movies though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best marvel movie ever? best xmen movie ever? i guess it's a must-see!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. X-Men are first class. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shouldn't night crawler have been purple then?

    ReplyDelete
  13. gonna go see this. wish i was cool enough to have blogger friends irl

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved the movie!! I recommend it widely too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been thinking of seeing this. Thanks for the reccomendation

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looking forward to this, especially to see January Jones flop and flail at her role :P

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really want to see this film!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i will see it when i get the chance

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really need to go and watch the X-Men movies, series etc.

    ReplyDelete
  21. yeah, I dug it. Waaaaaaaaay better than the last two shitty X-Men films but not as great as the AWESOME X-Men 2.

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile