Sunday, June 12, 2011

So this is what went down....Part 1

Yehlyre: It wasn't Dexter for several reasons, it's on its 6th Season to air this year and its not filmed in Miami, its filmed in L.A.

Astronomy Pirate: Yes you got it right! It's The Glades.

As soon as I got there, they asked us to park in the parking garage next to the tents but on the fourth floors. I get out of the car and to my surprise I found this on the floor.----------->
(That's for you, Mrs. Pickle)

I turn around and face my dad and while pointing at it and said,
"So this is how they make it in Hollywood."


So my dad leaves me and I end up going to the tent, which is for extras (Sorry ed). I'm there with my dufflebag with the other outfits, a water bottle, some snacks and my book, Night by Elie Wiesel, which is about the Holocaust and how he survived it.

See where I'm going with this?

I'm in that tent with other people dressed similarly to me and separated from everyone else. They explain to us that they will takes us from the tent to the set in white vans. They also said leave you stuff behind. So they would transport us, similarly to how the Nazi transported the Jews in trains to the Concentration camps and made them leave their belongings behind.

I made that comparison for the hell of it but it was really a great experience! The people there are very nice. They always wanted to keep you hydrated for some reason, but that's alright. They had snacks everywhere, air conditioning, bathrooms and everything to keep everyone happy.

Then they told us to step into the showers. lol

Stay tuned to part 2


I'm breaking this into parts if not it will be too long and you wont read the whole thing!!

21 comments:

  1. It sounds like everything was going splendid until the shower part was crossed out lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parts. Smart. I kinda want part two though. GO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holocaust jokes are SO 1946

    ReplyDelete
  4. MmMmMMm thats a lovely picture to see in the morning

    ReplyDelete
  5. If your gonna just fling it why tie it up?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why was it in the parking garage?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Argh there goes my appitite lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm engaged in this story and excited for part 2 :D

    btw my newest blog post has a jack sparrow as a judge pic. But it's someone's drawing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here is how I know you are as fucked up as I am. I took a picture of a used rubber on the ground a couple of months ago. I saved it in my cell phone. When I saw the picture on your blog I got so excited! Then when I saw you said it was for me, I called my husband in the room and said “LOOK BABE! Someone is as fucked up as I am!” I don’t think he knew what to say. I love ya, and I think your blog is awesome and not just because you dedicate used condom pictures to me either!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched a lot of glades a few months back when I had strep throat, that is awesome you get to be an extra on it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read Night, there has been some controversy over the legitimacy of the story though. The author even came out and said that it was fictionalized, mostly for sales. It was a good read though, and it is still based off of Wiesel's experience.

    That said, sounds like an exciting experience. And awesome to see I guessed correct.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thats exactly how they make it in hollywood! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like good clean American fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. you know youre in for a good night when you see a johnny on the floor before youve stepped out of the car....

    ReplyDelete
  15. many similarities between extras and holocaust victims.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice. well maybe youll get lines next time

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, how exciting. PS Read Night in 8th grade, it was sooooo good.

    FourthGradeNothing.com

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile