Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Hitman: Absolution

With E3 on this week, only one title so far has caught my attention and it's the new Hitman Game.

I've been waiting for this game since I finished the last one, Hitman: Blood Money. I have every game and they are all very good, but each time a new one comes out, they make it so much better. They improve many things and add new features as well. My favorite feature from the recent one had to be pushing people off ledges to make it look like an accident.


Some of the new features in the game will be:

  • Being to hide in the shadows from your enemies. This means no more running and hiding in the closet!


  • This time there will be dynamic music, hopefully by Jesper Kyd. Dynamic meaning that the music changes as you progress through the game, much like how they did in Red Dead Redemption.


  • There will be more environmental objects to use to kill your enemies with.


  • Detailed graphics, better lighting and fluid transitions. (The graphics have improved DRASTICALLY)


  • Full body Avatar style CGI


  • Last but not least, Instinct mode, which is something similar to detective mode in the game Batman Arkham Asylum, which makes important things on the mission glow, such as an electrical wire you can use to , lets say, choke and enemy and X ray vision!


Take a look at these screenshots! (click on them so you can see the detail!)

Obviously, Agent 47 can use human shields once again!

Looks like Agent 47 is choking down this guard!

Agent 47 is a wanted man after what happened in the last game.

This looks like a first in the series, using items other than the piano wire to choke enemies!

Looks like melee combat makes a return and he looks like he has skill!


And of course, if YouTube loves you, here's the trailer! (hopefully it doesn't get taken down!)





Let me know what you think about this game and if you are a fan of the other games in the Hitman series.

Also what other games are you looking forward to seeing at E3?

43 comments:

  1. There is a snake on your gun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I have seen so much environmental use/ stealth mechanics in these new games, its almost old already, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah this looks sweet, I like Hitman titles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The graphics in some screenshots remind me of Batman Arkham Asylum! Don't follow E3 that much, so I don't know

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the sneaking around games like this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've only played the first game, but this one looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love the hitman games, i'll have to replay blood money before this comes out

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful graphics. can't wait to play it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I rented one of the Hitman games a lonnnnnnng time ago.. I could see myself playing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i cannot wait to play this game

    ReplyDelete
  11. If the music isn't dynamic, the soundtrack gets boring really very quickly. Dynamic music is sort of a must, really.

    ReplyDelete
  12. But I've never played these games. huh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been wanting to get into the series for the past few months, and this looks like the perfect opportunity, thanks!

    Followed~!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loved Blood Money especially when I stopped running around killing people and started being a bit more stealthy, looking forward to this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. look cool, but stealth non my type of game.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've played the first one.. it was great

    ReplyDelete
  17. had not heard of this series before. good info.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I tried Hitman 1 and was not much of a fan so I never gave 2 a try... But 3 looks sweet... guess ill have to try it out ;) - Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've never played Hitman, looks interesting, just never took the time from my schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks awesome! I remember playing the first ever hitman xD ohh how things have changed

    ReplyDelete
  21. A great game Hitman so I will defo be getting Hitman: Absolution.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Screenshots definitely look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haven't played any Hitman games, but the new one does look very kewl.

    ReplyDelete
  24. If it plays like the previous one I'm sold

    ReplyDelete
  25. oo this game looks awesome , i played one of the original first ones.. got really into it

    ReplyDelete
  26. Romg that trailer... I've dabbled in the hitman series at friends' houses but never actually bought any of the games.

    I'll be jumping on this one as soon as it's released.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The Hitman series has never appealed to me so I've never played them. Maybe I should change that.

    ReplyDelete
  28. im with Banacek, heard great things of them but never got to playing them, this trailer looks bad ass.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i never played hitman...
    well, i saw the film and it was pretty cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  30. never got into the series, prefer something like manhunt

    ReplyDelete
  31. the first hitman was awesome, but ive not enjoyed once since really :s

    ReplyDelete
  32. I don't want to hurt the police :I
    However, I was looking forward to seeing splinter cell 6, but they didn't show anything!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Haha hitman was an absolutely ridiculous movie

    ReplyDelete
  34. Looks interesting, but not my cup of tea

    ReplyDelete
  35. awesome vids and pics looks like a kickass game =D

    ReplyDelete
  36. Despite being a fan of the Hitman Series I have to be honest and say that the only one I really liked was Blood Money, only because of the much improved game interface. The older ones, Contracts especially, were too buggy for me to enjoy fully.

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile