Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Car Tetris and the Lousy Tip'r

I talked about this on an old post: people and their small cars and also: tipping, but let me bring them up again and combine them. Last week I had to help a customer to his car and when I got there I was glad to see his car wasn't a mini cooper. What I didn't know was that is was full of their luggage and other boxes from other stores. A new game of TETRIS had begun!






After 15 minutes arranging everything in the mans car perfectly like a beautiful perfect clear in the hot sun, the man reaches down into his back pocket, takes out his leather wallet, opens it up, goes through all his cash and hands me a........DOLLAR!!!!!


WTF!!!!!! 


I felt like giving him that dollar back! I mean who in their right mind, after 15 minutes in the hot sun, after rearranging your luggage and boxes and purchases in the fucking car hands over a dollar!?!?

I mean my work at least deserved a crisp five dollar bill!!! I took the money anyway and no pocket birdies  where involved this time. As soon as the fucker turned around I pulled off one of these:
I call it the "I don't need your money, but I'll take it anyway!"
If you where to put yourself in my situation, you would do the same thing.

As for the tips, the tip book has increased, spanning two pages now, here's the update below:


Total: $186.43

And as for that $50.00 tip on the first page, here's the story.

I liked going back to mentioning some of my old posts to refresh some of you that have been following me from the beginning and to give my new followers a taste of what they have been missing! Remember, it's just the beginning of the week, so let see what else is in store for me!

48 comments:

  1. At least he gave you a dollar, be more positive sonny :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharpe stick with a bit of shit on the end!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ray Rousell: I couldn't afford what you just mentioned with a dollar!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. a dollar is a dollar man. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sometimes you get 50 bucks for nothing, sometimes the opposite happens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i always tip well... it comes back to you in the end

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your blog, man! good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a jackass that guy is

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well. Uhm. Maybe he had spent all his real money on all the stuff he had bought that was in the car like that...

    Okay, well, at least he tipped you at all. He sounds cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  10. And this is why avoid jobs where you are expecting tips. People are jerks, others just pay it no mind. The worst are people who tip in coins (unless its the change from their purchase).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll follow Ray with,it's better than licking urine off a nettle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. well i like small cars but when i go somewhere i wish i had a bigger one :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. nice but i hope ur not paid on tips alone

    ReplyDelete
  14. rofl, you shoulda told him that is isnt still the olden days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well, you have a dollar, son.

    Use it well.

    DON'T SPEND IT ALL AT ONCE. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Car Tetris reminds me of a episode of The Simpsons. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wait wait wait... who in the blue hell gave you $1.18!??

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry, I can't feel bad in this one. I load furniture all year, rain or shine, playing tetris with these tiny ass vehicles, unloading boxes to get everything in, and having them yell at me the whole time for no tips. It is my life ever since they cut back at work with hours. Technician, more like do everything.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You should be happy with any tip you get, albeit a small one. Here in the Netherlands it's rare to give a tip, I believe even in very high-class restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish I got tipped where I work but I work with homeless people...

    ReplyDelete
  21. fuck 1 dollar haha, i appreciate the tetris reference, it's like stacking the stock room at a store, everything must fit perfectly >.>

    +follow
    benf199105.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. maybe he didn't have a five.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very few tips where im from. Everthing is in the bill.

    ReplyDelete
  24. At least he wast that rude to give you only a handshake.

    ReplyDelete
  25. a dollar? lol
    i guess it's better than nothing

    ReplyDelete
  26. Where I live tipping is quite rude

    ReplyDelete
  27. maybe you sang that aloe blacc song without knowing it...?

    ReplyDelete
  28. To be quite honest, the whole tipping thing sucks in general. If someone is doing their job, and getting paid for it, no tip is required? A tip should be only for when an individual goes above and beyond expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  29. dollar bill yall following and supporting

    ReplyDelete
  30. I get proper spergy about making things fit perfectly tetris is my life : P

    +follow http://ellectrics.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very interesting... definitely in for updates.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Never heard anyone refer to it quite like that. haha

    ReplyDelete
  33. but think of all the things that dollar can get you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Car tetris! Oh man, when you think about it, it's actually like 3 dimensional tetris

    ReplyDelete
  35. Let's look on the bright side: with all the luggage he probably came back from a trip. When people go on trips they usually have large bills, like 50's and 100s. Maybe that dollar bill was the only small bill he had, and he feels ashamed but would rather have given you that than nothing at all or an obscenely large tip.

    is it possible?

    ReplyDelete
  36. car tetris :D love the concept.

    you can buy gums :b

    ReplyDelete
  37. People who tip poorly are the worst.

    ReplyDelete
  38. should of slapped him in the face

    ReplyDelete
  39. That's groce. I know how hard it can be to pack stuff in a cramped trunk (having moved almost once every two years) and to do it for OTHER people? That's 15 minutes of your time, man.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am with ed...should have slapped him in the face with a wet fish!

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile