Monday, May 16, 2011

The Planet of the Apes (1968)

Well yesterdays post was a bit lazy with all the crap happening this weekend and all, so todays post will be about a movie that has always captured my attention to the fullest.

The Planet of the Apes has to be one of the greatest movies ever made!

The film tells the story of an astronaut crew that crash land on a mysterious planet in the future. At first, it looks like the planet is empty but the surviving crew members stumble upon a society in which apes have evolved into creatures with human-like intelligence and speech. The apes have assumed the role of the dominant species and humans are mute animals wearing animal skins!

The story follows the astronaut Taylor, who is played by Charlton Heston.

He and the other crew members get captured and some get experimented on because they speak, something the apes thought humans could not do! Taylor is spared because his throat gets injured, but then it heals and as he is being beaten, his voice would be heard saying:


 "Take your stinking paws off me you damn dirty ape!"


This is one of the most famous movies scenes ever! It has been made fun of many times in cartoon shows even on The Simpsons as a musical:



And if you like the "Dr. Zaius Song", here is a never ending loop: http://drzaius3.ytmnd.com/

36 comments:

  1. haha love that simpsons episode! xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sadly have never seen the movie, despite many people telling me how great it is. The concept seems interesting enough, and I really should watch it sometime...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if it's one of the best movies ever made, but it has certainly one of the most iconic posters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that song is awesome!!! great movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this film was so iconic during its time

    ReplyDelete
  6. You blew it up! I kinda wish they would stop with the remakes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. planet of the apes was such a great movie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never actually seen the entire movie! I feel bad about that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Top 10 movies ever made, top 3 Sci-Fi movies ever made

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw it a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've seen that movie a number of times. Definitely a good movie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Heston's 'talking through his teeth' acting style shines pretty bright in this movie. I prefer him in The Omega Man though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish the movie title was more appealing.
    xD

    And to answer thy question in your comment, yes, the rose is in blood.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Planet of the Apes has to be one of the greatest movies ever made!

    You need not go further, it's all anyone has to know. Amazing movie. 'MAZIN'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw a version of this movie when I was about 7 years of age (approx 11 years ago). I've been looking for that one remake I saw, but I havn't found it yet. Thanks for reminding me now when I have knowledge of wikipedia, giong to check if I can find one that fits the timeframe :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. This movie will never be dated.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is too bad that they had to make the next 20 sequels and remakes like crap.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This movie so epic, loved it ;D

    ReplyDelete
  19. The movie you been telling me about, I must check it out asap :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a cool movie - I so hope the new one lives up to the original

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never seen the original.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually never saw it. but heard about it many times, maybe i'll check it out soon! the original of course. remakes are almost never better.

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was shown this as a kid, needless to say i was never the same ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've actually never seen this movie from beginning to end. Just the beginning, or the beginning and middle, or just the end. I've missed out on the combined effect!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah man i love this film , havent seen it in ages !

    ReplyDelete
  26. OK I confess I have never seen it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Cornelius was the MAN (well, ape but you know).

    ReplyDelete
  28. It was interesting seeing the clip, I have only seen the newer one. I will definitely check out the older ones

    ReplyDelete
  29. Charlton Heston should have banged an Ape

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile