Friday, May 27, 2011

L.A. Noire

Aside from blogging and working recently, I've been playing the Rockstar game, 'L.A. Noire'.

This game is incredible! From the moment I put in the first disk into the Xbox 360, I was hooked! It feels like I'm watching a TV show or a very long film. At first I thought, this isn't like Grand Theft Auto IV at all and that's because you play as a cop. A good cop.

You are called into crime scenes and examine evidence you find all around. For one mission, I was called in to look at a hit and run. While looking at the evidence, I found that the car had braked before it hit the victim and that the victim had been dead before the car hit him. While looking for more evidence, I found a bloody knife in a trash can, but that at the moment, did not partake to the case, until the suspect, talked about two people who seemed to push the person in front of his vehicle.

With that evidence there, I solved the case, linking the bloody knife to the two people that pushed the body in front of the car. What would have happened if I didn't find that knife?

This is just one of the many missions in the game, and they are pretty long. When you find clues, those clues can lead to more locations and to more people of interest. It seems to never end, which is a great thing! Right now, I am only on the 2nd disk and these missions get intense! Suspects make a run for it, crimes scenes seem to have a pattern and so on.

But the best feature really is the interrogations. You have to go on instinct to determine whether the suspect is telling the truth, saying something doubtful or lying. To figure this out, you must look at the face.

In the game they added a new technology which involves 30 cameras pointed at the actors face.

Thats 30 high definition cameras pointed to each of the actors,
there are about 400 actors in this game alone!


This new technology is incredible!

The game has already been about for two weeks and we are already hearing that they want to make a sequel which involves not only the face acting, but full body acting with more than 30 cameras!


Are you playing this game?

Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

44 comments:

  1. yep this game is incredible

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats really high tech for a game

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was with you until you said XBOX, I'm deeply saddened:P

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've seen a few adverts on TV for it, it does look an incredible game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn rockstar still pushing out amazing games ;D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol, good cop on Xbox, I do what I want on PS3.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope L.A. Noire will be availble and compatible with PC someday !
    Rockstar Games are definitely ahead

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, will try and check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am trading in a lot of my games to get this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. it looks like so much effort has gone into this game. looking forward to when game stores start reducing it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got it last night, but got my bones jumped when I got home. It's still in the little plastic wrapper.

    But hey, 3 day weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will play this game someday, after Witcher 2.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You can still see it's not real. We havn't made real progress unless we reach that.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow ther is a person htat looks like that. kinda creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really want to play that game.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've seen a whole blog dedicated just for this game.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nope, haven't touched it quite yet, because I am broke. :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its already been said "truly incredible".

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope this game comes out for PC because that would be win!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty awesome technology + following

    ReplyDelete
  21. That looks amazing. Now I must get the game!

    But for PS3...

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've heard a lot of good things about this. I'll definitely check it out if I get the time. Agree with thenitefalls.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have heard of this but never looked into it, looks real bad ass, must play this now then.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yet to play it, but I'm planning on it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Heard so many great things about this. Maybe worth buying a new console.

    ReplyDelete
  26. FINE fine fine I'll get the bloody game. Ugh. It sounds so amazing. D=

    ReplyDelete
  27. No. I'm waiting for rockstar to make either a modern or future version of their sandbox games. I don't want to play 50 years ago. I want to have helicopters and cool stuff, swat etc.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I already wanted this game badly... now I want it even more...

    ReplyDelete
  29. pretty great I saw the vids earlier you can REALLY read those face expressions like a book.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This game is blowing up. I never want to play it. Well maybe a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I want it so bad, but no money :(

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wanna get this game. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is like a super modern version of Police Quest! So cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. awesome game. cant wait for it to come from gamefly

    ReplyDelete
  35. that new technology is AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hey Kicking, new follower here. Hello!

    The technology is indeed incredible and I can only imagine that that will improve even more in a couple years. I have been dying to give it a try, so I need to pick up a copy soon, but the reviews have been mixed which is surprising. Guess because it is not a GTA-like free roaming people have come to expect from Rockstar. ???

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile