Thursday, May 19, 2011

Escape From The Planet Of The Apes (1971)

Now this is the sequel to Beneath The Planet Of The Apes, the third movie in the series.

It starts off after the events of the last movie. It turns out that Cornelius, Zira and Dr.Milo(Roddy McDowell, Kim Hunter and Sal Mineo), managed to fix Taylors broken spaceship and left their planet and entered some sort of loophole which took them back in time to Earth in the 1970's.

When they land, the US Army is there ready to salute the astronauts return and they get a surprise when the astronauts take off their helmets revealing the apes!

They are taken to some sort of lab to be examined. They start out not talking, because where they're from, if a human talked, they would get experimented on and they didn't want that to happen to them. As it progresses, they end up talking and gaining the scientists trust. They become celebrities and are treated like royalty.

Zira ends up pregnant from Cornelius and then trouble starts happening when they are questioned from the future they live in!

Zira drinks a little too much and spills the beans(women....) on that they experimented with live humans and that the cause of the apes becoming how they are where because all the dogs and cats where killed due to a virus that did not affect humans or apes and then apes became house hold pets and they grew smarter as well!

Now this is where the Government got worried and did not want Zira to give birth to her child, so that the Earth will not be ruled by Apes in the future! They eventually find out of the governments plan and thats when they make a run for it! They also get a little help from Ricardo Montalban as Armando.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This movie was more entertaining than the last actually! I liked it because it took the story completely around making the apes go to a world of humans. The government was a bit though on them in my opinion but thats what made it interesting.



Two more movies left in the series! I got a really good feeling about the next one! I like how the story is going full circle!

21 comments:

  1. It's been a while but I do remember this one and liking it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ape Series, I'm looking forward to the New film Rise of the Apes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked Escape From The Planet Of The Apes. I liked the whole series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good movie but I still liked the first one better! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually remember watching this one a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also my favourite... the movie title is great

    ReplyDelete
  7. The one problem I had with this movie was returning back to 1970. Like really? That perfect of accidental, coincidental, time travel. That takes a pretty large leap of faith.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't seen these movies in a while. I should check these out again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I been looking for a good trilogy to watch, so thanks for this :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're making me want to see these. >_<

    ReplyDelete
  11. The intrigue seems pretty interesting. However, the man's voice advertising the movie is quite a buzz kill though heh.

    "The stunning climax!" He says, and I've never heard such enthusiasm

    ReplyDelete
  12. Should've been called The Plane of The Poo Flingers

    ReplyDelete
  13. i didn't know they had so many of these :C

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't remember this one

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry!! I'm with clueless dolphin on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ive seen some of the old one. not too bad.

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile