Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Beneath The Planet of the Apes (1970)

So, I've began watching all the movies of this series, and so far I really like them. I had never seen the sequels before, only the first original and the 2001 crappy remake, which I will not review. Also this year, a new movie will come out called 'Rise of the Planet of the Apes' and it is supposedly a prequel to the first one. I hope they stay true to that.
-----------------------------------------------------------
This is the sequel to The Planet of the Apes (1968).

It starts off right where the last one ended. After Taylor(Charlton Heston) realizes where he has been the whole time, he must continue to go to the forbidden zone and find out everything.

Taylor somehow manages to get separated from Nova(Linda Harrison), a mute woman he befriended in the first film, after an Earthquake in the forbidden zone, so Nova goes back for help.


Meanwhile, nearby, there is a spaceship that has recently crashed and out comes in the new lead character, Brent(James Franciscus), who was sent to rescue Taylor and the other astronauts.

He eventually meets up with Nova and somehow they understand each other and go back to find Taylor.
But Brent stumbles upon a society of intelligent mutant humans whose God is an Atomic bomb.
You see where i'm going with this? Probably not but it's entertaining!


This movie wasn't as great as the first one, but it lives up to it. I liked it. It is better than most of the movies they have out nowadays.

 I'll eventually review the next three(3) sequels soon.........


Yes three(3)! ......


No, I'm not kidding!

33 comments:

  1. I had no idea there were sequels, let alone 4!. Unfortunately my video store doesn't have any of them :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had sequels?!

    Bind
    Blown
    ...

    Dang dirty apes... They ruined it all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seen a trailer for the new one and it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other sequals are equally disappointing as this one! I used to like the TV series from waaaaay back in the 70's. But it's probably a load of old tosh as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. PotA is aite, was never really into it tbh

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had one day where I sat and watched all the Planet of the apes back to back. Not as epic as when I did it with Star Wars...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Damn that's a lot of sequels I thought there was only one movie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i remember seeing scene from this one, crazy movie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got 3 to 1 odds that you don't make it through all 3 of the next movies... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. iirc Rob blogged about this, too. And I'm still interested. And I still haven't downloaded anything. -___-

    ReplyDelete
  11. I went to school with a girl who looked like a monkey... It still trips me out thinking about it. She was the "MISSING LINK"

    ReplyDelete
  12. There is a new one? I must look into this...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I cant say ive ever seen this film!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ive seen this as well and enjoyed it as much as though original.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh damn, after the original, now we're talking stuff I haven't seen. Okay. Okay. I can watch this. I can.

    ReplyDelete
  16. when i was watching this one i was actully scared. don't know why

    ReplyDelete
  17. They love making prequels these days...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just found the version I was looking for. I remembered how the protagonist shut the blast shields when he almost was shot by the evil ape. Going to watch the whole thing this weekend! Thanks again :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome film! Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I saw this one, where they worship the bomb. I fucking hated it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. kicking rocks and monkeys to go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've surprisingly never seen this.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've never seen this, will definatly check it out tho ;D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I remember watching this one years ago, it was ok I guess.

    Visit my blog here

    ReplyDelete
  25. My friend got me into the planet of the Apes a few years back, Epic films

    ReplyDelete
  26. wait? there are more of them? I don't think I can handle that any outer-space apes

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile