Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Battle For The Planet Of The Apes (1973)

This is the sequel of Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes and the fifth and final film in the series.


The movie begins ten years after the revolution. The ape leader is Caesar (Roddy McDowall) and he tries to have peace between the apes and the humans, but there is a Gorilla names Aldo(Claude Akins) that is against him and all he wants it to fight and have war. Aldo then wants to dethrone Caesar and become the leader himself.

Caesar ended up marring Lisa from the movie before this one and they had a child which he called Cornelius in honor of his father from the previous films.

Later on, Caesar regrets never have known his parents and his human assistant MacDonald tells him that he can hear and see his parents recorded in tapes so that he can learn about their future.

They must go into the Forbidden City to see and hear it though and it might be a dangerous thing to do because it is now radioactive after a bomb went off there and human mutants can be around there.

They live by the rule 'Ape Must Never Kill Ape'. Will this rule be broken?

Before going there, they get weapons from the armory that is guarded by Mandemus just in case they get attacked by anyone in the Forbidden City. They sneak into the archives to see the recordings but what they don't know is that they are being watched by the mutant humans who survived the bomb. They end up learning very little of the future and escape before being captured or killed.

Now the mutant humans know where they have gone and pan to attack them!
Caesar can't trust the mutant humans or General Aldo.

What will happen to the Planet of the Apes in this finale?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This movie was great with all its action packed scenes of apes fighting humans, but the prequel to his had more action. The story fit in perfectly but the ending leaves you asking for more.


That's it for all the Planet of the Apes films, not including the 2001 remake.

Should I do another review on another set of movies?

Vote on my new poll!

29 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are actually watching all these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah that's nice a nice movie is there a remake of this one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Banacek: Yep, I watched them all...they every entertaining, so my time wasn't wasted!

    @Pool Fool: They only remade the first one, and it was horrible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely do another review on another set of movies. I actually enjoyed reading day to day to see how the story progressed, but you didn't give enough away to ruin the movie. DOOO ITTTTTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't say enough about these movies, they are great and Battle For The Planet Of The Ape is most enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the look more like monkeys than apes...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea there were this many Planet of the Apes movies! O.o

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good stuff, do some more if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes review more movies.

    No, I won't vote on the poll because my answer isn't there. I like the concept of the logo a bunch, I just think it could use some polishing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I havn't seen the original, only the remake... back then I thought it was good, I'm not sure what to think now though. Might watch the original to compare :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @D4: I'll take polishing into consideration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dedication to the OG Ape series is pretty hardcore. I remember watching most of these films during a family trip to visit relatives out of state one summer. I was stuck in the house watching AMC all day and BAM, Planet of the Apes marathon. haha. I thought they were all pretty rad. Roddy McDowall FTW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just how many PotA are there? xD

    ReplyDelete
  14. Don't forget to review the Simpson's musical of PotA. That one was epic.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i liked them thou, but the remake sucked balls

    ReplyDelete
  16. this makes me hate monkeys even more

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man I'm going to have to download these and watch them all again...I'm sure I've missed a few

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is one of those classic series that was so good on its own, that it doesn't need to be redone with cheesy CGI effects. I absolutely loved all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll have to watch this whole series! I don't want to read the review tbh because I don't want to spoil any bit lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have some weird thing where I can't watch this series of movies. It's a monkey thing. What are you reviewing next?

    ReplyDelete
  21. Do the Gremlins movies :D 80s movies are awesome!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think it'll be super interesting/awkward/awesome if you do a review on ROMANCE movies. Give us a bit of your own quirky, manly perspective. :D

    Although that MIGHT make your male readers unfollow you...

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile