Thursday, April 14, 2011

The Boy Who Sees Without Eyes

Now this is a truly amazing story about a boy who lost his eyes at a very young age due to a cancerous tumor but regained the ability to see using noise bouncing off walls and items. I don't understand how he was playing DS, but I do understand riding the bike and playing basketball. This kid reminds me of Daredevil from Marvel. They both seem to posses that same ability, which is quite useful for them.

His ability to see with hearing reminds me of Batman using the high frequency microphones in 'The Dark Knight':





Here is the documentary if you wish to see this amazing tale.

















Unfortunately, Ben passed away on January 19, 2009 at age of 16. He was taken by the same cancer that claimed his sight and leaves behind a legacy of inspiration few will ever match.

26 comments:

  1. Is it a black guy? NO its a dolphin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this programme, quite an amazing lad, great post!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow inspiring kid, he didn't let anything get in his way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, amazing story. I wonder what geneticists learned from him?

    And boo for the dark knight reference. He's Daredevil! But not the Ben Affleck daredevil. That was just awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. im skeptical, i want to see scientific evidense from a legit source

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw him on a tv show once. I am still impressed by his ability. Such a shame he caught ill and passed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Will his parents avenge his death and kill Cancer?

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice! saw a blind man driving a bike once! really cool that they use geolocation like bats

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard of this before, it's really incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember seeing this on oprah a few years back, he's like aquaman

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sad that he passed away so young, he could have taught so many people how to cope with that difficulty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow. Gotta figure out how that works.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this is pretty awesome! I saw a tv program about people like this once.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I find stuff like this really inspiring...some people just find ways of living despite everything

    ReplyDelete
  15. lol. We have found the real life DareDevil.

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile