Saturday, March 19, 2011

Tipping

No no no....Not tipping cows.... Tipping people at their jobs. You know, like "Hey thanks for helping me out, here's $3!"


I've been working for 6 months so far at my first job. Every now and then I get a tip from a customer who I helped take something to their car, and sometimes I don't get shit.

Usually you would think that the American stereotype with the big truck that buys 3 strollers, a crib and a truck of Huggies would tip you. No. "Good job chief." is what they say. So I think, this doesn't make any sense. I once was tipped by this lady whose car was a total disaster! I felt sorry for accepting her $5 tip but it would have been rude of me not to.

Yes I write my tips down. Total= $73.00
That above you is all the tips I have received within 6 months of working. What does that show you? People gotta give a little more you know! A thanks doesn't cut it either! Now a dollar, that would make me happy you see.

I don't beg for tips or anything but it's sure a nice feeling to get paid and I'm sure it's as nice the feeling you get when someone carries a heavy item to your car!!

"Would you like it in the back?"

20 comments:

  1. I once got a candy sucker as a Tip, Winning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i know some jobs actually pay less than minimum wage because you get tips. making you work harder to please people

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a tip once, the 2:30 at Doncaster, bastard came in third!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol a 50$ tip. guy must be a millionaire or pretty drunk

    ReplyDelete
  5. once I got chocolate as a Tip to make my life sweet pretty cool

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice post!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think tipping is getting out of hand when it's expected for every little thing whether the service was exemplary or just average.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear tipping is the law in america especially in eating establishments?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't eat yellow snow was the best tip i ever had...and yeah what did you do to get a $50 tip?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Angry Lurker: Tipping isn't the law in America. It's just a common courtesy. We all understand that people that work in hospitality or restaurants get paid minimum wage and depend on tips to make a good income.

    ReplyDelete
  11. nice post, very informative stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Tips is a great way to show your affective to others :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everyone should tip even if its just a few bucks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think tips are good. I've gotten like 2 tips in almost 2 years at my current job. But they aren't supposed to tip in this cafeteria :( hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. I work as a delivery driver myself. Please don't forget to tip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awhh tipping cows that takes me back....
    man I would so tip the poor person who has to carry all my crap back to the car while apologising for the 10kg worth of chocolate...unfortunately we don't have that service here :(

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile