Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The reason for the Satchel.....

Some of you are wondering, why would he want a satchel for? Isn't it just a purse?

NO it's not a purse. As you can see, I want to get an exact replica of the one Indiana Jones had in the films. I am a great fan of the movies and getting anything 'Indy' is a must!


I want it because I think it would go great with my Fedora, Brown Leather Jacket and Whip. Not only that, it's a great place to put all the things that get annoying in pockets now; keys, wallet, cell phone, iPod, PSP, etc!

Also, I love WWII and I would like to begin collecting memerobillia and replicas. This is a replica of a gas mask bag and the funny part is, Indiana Jones has one of these bags and these bags were invented during WWII even though the first movie 'Raiders of the Lost Ark' was in 1936 and WWII clearly started in 1939! He also had the stachel in the prequel 'Temple of Doom'!

On the topic of Indiana Jones, I can't really say I have a favourite because I love the first one and the third one equally. The first one for being the one that started it all and the third one for having Sean Connery as his father! Both the first and third film have epic fight scene, whether on a moving truck, fist fighting near a moving plane, or on top of a moving tank.

12 comments:

  1. The first and third one is a coin toss but the second one is getting worse the more I watch it over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me of the people who are desperately looking for an authentic poncho like the one used by Clint Eastwood in his spaghetti western trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. its freakin awesome thats the reason

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not a purse. It's a MURSE! A man purse. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you just collecting it, or will you wear it outdoors?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll wear this one outdoors, but if I actually get a real one from WWII, thats going up on display for sure lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I might upload my collection someday, too much to go through ATM though.

    I also have the Clint Eastwood style poncho. what is wrong with me lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I saw it on eBay, that poncho is about 400$!! that's insane!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool bag...I'd wear one if I didn't like rucksacks so much

    ReplyDelete
  10. You just need the fedora hat and the whip now ;)

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile