Monday, March 21, 2011

About the Fifty.....

Well it's quite an interesting story. The day was like any other. I was just standing there doing my job, greeting people. Minding my own business. Customers are coming in and out at all times! It was a busy day.

Out of nowhere, well the guy walked in through the entrance, this guy walks up to me and as I am about to offer him a cart, he tells me, "I found this outside." He shows me a credit card wrapped around a receipt. So I ask him where exactly did he find it, and we go outside the store and shows me exact spot. Right in between the two big stores. So I thought about it and asked him if I can looks at the receipt and he gives it to me and I take a look and it says Target. I tell him the closest Target around here is like 15 miles away; and as I had opened the receipt, $50 dollars fell out in two fives and two twenty dollar bills.




As I pick up the money, I tell him, "Well this is what we can do. We can split the money, or you can keep it, your call and I destroy the Credit Card, because that's what I would want if someone found my card on the floor." He agreed to all of it, giving me half the money. So we shook hands and he left. I went back inside the store and immediately destroyed the card by cutting it into a billion little pieces with a scissor and throwing it away in different trash cans.

I went back to my spot and thought to myself as I greeted another customer what I would do with the money. So as time went by, about 15 minutes later, the same guy returns to me and tells me, "Here, you can have the other $25 dollars, I don't need them. I am happy with my life and this is a blessing maybe you should have."

I accepted the money and told him "God bless you!" HAHA!

So I ended up writing it in my tip book because money is money.

Anyway, all those tips are contributing to my 21st birthday, which is in less than two months. Let's see how many more tips I can earn by then!

22 comments:

  1. Who wraps up cash and a credit card in a little paper receipt??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story, spend it on something good =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool post!

    http://all-around-toto.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strange... but it turned out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great story bro, 50$ extra to spend on your birthday on booze:) Following!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! thats like a double luck in on lol i found $3 just like its been years since i found money! its something. enjoy your $25

    ReplyDelete
  7. i found a fifty on the ground in hawaii once!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pic makes me go insane ! just like grab that god damn money

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story! It's not everyday someone gives me $50...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Man, I could use $50 right now.

    Well, any poor University student could I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  11. why this never happens with me

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice man. I once found a 20 dollar bill outside a food store when I was a kid. I was jumping around like someone who just hit the lottery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet story, congrats on doing the right thing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A good reward for doing the right thing. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that's really lucky -- good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karma served AND 50 clams made! Not bad, my friend, not bad at all....

    ReplyDelete

The Best Of Kicking Rocks

The Pile